- Applicant must be a FFA or 4-H member and an exhibitor of the Harris County Fair and Rodeo for the last two years (except 2022 Seniors)
- Applicant must be a graduating Senior in Harris County High School.
- Applicant must be prepared to interview in front of selected outside representatives on a date to be announced.
- Applicant must complete an application on Harris County Fair and Rodeo Website by posted deadline.
- A letter of recommendation from applicant's high school facility or from a community leader and be submitted to the Scholarship Chairman prior to the date of the interview (if selected for interview). Letter must be sent from the Referrals email address.
- Applicant can apply for 2 of the 3 scholarships.
Recipients obligations that must be followed or scholarship will be at risk for being annulled are:
- Must submit a copy of college/trade school registration to Scholariship Chairman.
- Must use full scholarship within three semesters (Fall, Spring, Fall) immediately following graduation
- Must submit a copy of first semester grades and second semester schedule (proof of enrollement) to Scholarship Chairman to receive the second half of the scholarship.
- Must maintain at least a 2.75 GPS or better at the college or institution enrolled and the course load must be a minimum of 10 hours each semester. Summer school courses taken after high school will be counted in computing the GPA.
- All scholarship funds will be paid direct to the applicant's school.
- Make sure that the applicant's school ID has been given to the scholarship chairman when the required paperwork to release the funds.
If the recipient can not meet these requirements the scholarship will be held for three semesters until the requirements can be fulfilled. If the scholarship is annulled, the funds will be allocated back into the scholarship fund for the next year.